MAKAY is committed to protecting your privacy. This notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you.
- Data controller
The data controller of your personal information collected through the Website is MAKAY with E-mail address: [email protected] (hereinafter referred to as “Company”).
The processing of your personal data is confidential, and the Company takes all necessary technical and other measures to ensure the appropriate security of your personal data. Access to your personal data has only authorized staff that possesses data or third parties that provide services on our behalf. These companies are obligated to protect your data as well.
- The kind of information we collect and process
- Personal contact details such as name, title, address, email address and telephone number.
- Date of birth.
- Country and language.
- Bank account, credit/debit card and payment information.
- Details of purchases and transactions carried out through the Websites and fulfilled by us.
- Information submitted as part of a competition operated through the Websites.
- Records of correspondence with you whether by telephone, email, social media or otherwise.
- Telephone call information, including call recordings, phone number and length of call.
- Information collected automatically from your device, including IP address, device type, operating system, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information.
- Τhe purpose of personal data processing
We process your personal data collected through our website for the purpose as follows:
- b) Following actions are referred to the Company’s goals and its online presence:
- To create an account for you to help us provide a more personalised service suited to meet your preferences.
- To ensure that the Websites are presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- To send you newsletters or provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. Especially if you make an order we collect data such as billing, shipping, and contact details.
- To operate competitions on the Websites and communicate with entrants.
- To obtain and analyse your feedback as part of customer surveys.
- To store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our site and newsletters according to your individual interests.
- To handle any disputes which we may have with you.
- To notify you about changes to our services and our private policy.
- To protect our legitimate interests. This may be necessary by law, legal process, or to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, or protect our operations or users.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it, such as: (i) for the purpose of performing a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, iii) where we have your consent to do so, or (iv) where we have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, such as tax obligations.
- How we collect your data
We collect information that you provide voluntarily or in order to perform a contract with you. Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily, to register an account with us, to place an order with us, to subscribe to a service from us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
We also collect some information automatically when you visit the Websites. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Websites, where they come from, and what content on our Websites is of interest to them.
- How long do we keep hold of your information?
We only retain your information for as long as necessary for the purposes described above, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal requirements (e.g. tax legislation).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we anonymize it and use it only for statistical purposes.
- Recipients of data
Recipients of data shall be:
- a) Public authorities, independent administrative authorities and judicial authorities: Receive data that our Company is obliged or has the right to disclose according to contracts or legislation.
- b) Directors and other relevant services of the Company: Receive data relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
The Company does not exchange or share your personal information with third parties without your consent, except of conditions referred above.
- How we secure your information
The Company has put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, accessed, altered or disclosed. We always try to improve our security network. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Access to your personal data is restricted to authorized personell that are committed to improve the data security system of our Company or control the collection of data.
- What are your rights in connection with your personal information?
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Request correction of any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of information where there is no good reason for continued processing.
- Object to processing of your information where we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your information.
- Where we are processing your information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Request restriction to suspend our processing of your personal information.
- Request transfer of your personal information to another party which you have provided to us.
- Request erasure of your information from communication lists you have subscribed and prevent any e-mails, sms, phone calls from us.
You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of your rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded or excessive.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us: ________________Email
If you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority:
Hellenic Data Protection Authority
Data Protection Authority Offices: Kifissias 1-3, 115 23 Athens, Greece
Call Centre: +30-210 6475600
Fax: +30-210 6475628
E-mail: [email protected]
- Cookies Statement
These data are used to create a profile for use under an alias. Cookies or pixel tags may be used in this procedure. These data are collected anonymously for marketing and page optimization purposes. All visitor data are stored using an anonymous user id and can be stored in a single user profile. Cookies may be used to collect and store these data, but they remain always anonymous. These data will not be used to identify a visitor and will not be stored together with personal data. Collection and storage of these data may be rejected at any time for the services mentioned below.
Tags, pixels, web beacons or similar tools (pixel tags) are being used to monitor the volume of the traffic of a website and the statistical raise of response levels. Pixel tags allow us to monitor the number of users that visit the pages of our website and use the services of our trademarks, as well as monitor and optimize the performance of our website.
Data collected with e-tracker technologies are not used to identify a visitor on our website and are not connected to any personal data regarding the owner of the alias without that persons clear and concise consent. Collection and storage of the data may be rejected at any time.
Adwords remarketing is remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Google. It connects the network activity of www.makay.gr with Adwords advertising network and Doubleclick Cookie. You may reject this cookie here:
- Specific Links
- Minor Users
The use of this website is limited only to adult users. Furthermore the company takes all necessary measures to avoid collecting personal data of minors that happen to visit our website, despite the above prohibition. However since this is cannot be fully realized at all times from the Company, any minors that have provided their personal data to the Company are obliged to have their parents permission to do so. Parents and all adults in general that have minors in their care are suggested to monitor the minors activity on the web in general and this website in particular.